Happy Fathers Day! In the past, this day guaranteed doughnuts. I love doughnuts. Sadly, gluten free vegan doughnuts are hard to come by. I’ve found gluten free doughnuts. I’ve found vegan doughnuts. But for gluten free vegan ones, I’d have to trek pretty far to find them. Thankfully, I found a recipe for vegan doughnuts that I was able to modify to make gluten free. You can find the original recipe here. Ingredients for 6 doughnuts
For the batter:
- I cup Pamela’s gluten free flour
- 1 and 1/2 tsp egg replacer powder
- 1 and 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp and 1/8 tsp salt
- 2/3 cup non-dairy milk. I used sunflower seed milk.
- 1/3 cup agave nectar
- 3 TBSP olive oil
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp apple cider vinegar
For the topping:
- 3/4 cup Enjoy Life Chocolate Mini Chips
- 1/2 to 1 tsp olive oil (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and prep the doughnut pan (lightly spray with oil and dust with flour).
- In one bowl, combine flour, egg replacer, baking powered, and salt.
- In a separate bowl, mix the wet ingredients. Add the vinegar last. As soon as vinegar is added, pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients.
- Mix the batter and then place into doughnut pan.
- Bake for 12 minutes. Then let them cool.
- While the doughnuts are cooling, prepare the chocolate topping. In a microwave safe bowl, mix 3/4 cup chocolate chips and 1 tsp olive oil. Microwave on high for 30 seconds. Mix. Then microwave for another 30 seconds. And mix again.
- Once the doughnuts have cooled and are firm enough, dip doughnuts into the chocolate.
My chief of quality control was nearby. She gave her approval.