[Originally Published 01.02.2013]
If you’re on Facebook, you have probably seen your 2012 Year in Review. I was less than impressed by the way FB showcased my 2012 in photos. If we’re friends on Facebook, Twitter, and Instragram you already know that I took a lot of photos last year. Here are the ones I hand selected to represent the big moments of last year.
1. I started allergy therapy at the end of 2011 and continued it for a couple of months into 2012. It actually backfired! The injections actually made my body MORE sensitive to my allergens.
2. I was offered a free month at Barry’s Bootcamp in Irvine. It was a great workout but unfortunately, the distance from home and SoCal traffic made it too difficult to go regularly. It was really cool to meet Kara, the manager and trainer of the studio! You should definitely check it out if you have one near you.
3. After nine years of teaching at my school, I was honored with the title: Teacher of the Year.
4. Although we live only 10 minutes from Disneyland, we rarely visit the inside of the park. I’m thankful that my parents treated us to a day at Disneyland during Spring Break.
5. Miss K had appendicitis in May. My wife and I actually spent our 14th wedding anniversary at the hospital with our little girl. Thank God Miss K’s surgery went well and she is fully recovered.
6. @Gnarlynoel reached a milestone and graduated from the 6th grade. He’s growing up way too fast!
7. @Gnarlynoel and I attended Spirit West Coast in Del Mar and FishFest in Irvine. We got to see and hear a lot of Christian artists this summer.
8. We went camping as a family for the first time ever. I hadn’t been camping since college. We went with our adult fellowship from church.
9. This summer, we spent a lot of time by the water. We tried to make it out to the beach as much as we could. We also took advantage of every opportunity to visit friends who had access to swimming pools.
9. This year I visited a chiropractor for the first time and learned how bad off my neck and spine are. In this photo I am at borderline phase 3 subluxation. You can read about it in this post. I was getting adjusted 3 times a week for several weeks. Now, I’m only needing weekly adjustments.
10. Early in the school year, both kids injured themselves. @Gnarlynoel landed wrong jumping out of a tree and tweaked his knee. Miss K fell on the blacktop during recess and broke her arm. They’ve both since recovered and are doing well.
11. This fall, our dryer broke down on us all of a sudden. It was only 5 years old. Thankfully, it coincided with an appliance sale at Sears we went for a pretty significant upgrade. The new washer and dryer set have an setting that’s supposed to help folks with allergies. I was so excited about the new laundry set that I painted the laundry room.
12. I guess 2012 was the year of household upgrades. We sold our old dinette set to Kailey of SnackFace when she moved to LA to make room for the dining set my wife had been wishing for a quite some time.
We also updated our living room with a new sectional. We sold our red sofas to a former student of mine and the desk to a friend. We still have the coffee table and end tables in the garage if anyone is interested in them.
That pretty much sums up 2012 for us. It had it’s good and it’s bad but that’s life, right? How was your year?
Coming soon: My goals for 2013.